Monday, August 24, 2009

10 Songs For Lapdances

I just discovered that a friend of mine is an expert lap dancer. So, being a good friend, I'd like to offer her 10 songs selected specifically for lapdancing which, incidentally, requires music different than poledancing. I've divided it in two parts: older songs and newer songs. In choosing the newer songs it was hard to stay away from the obvious bands: Portishead, NIN and Massive Attack. However, when it comes down to it, there's nothing slower and slinkier and sexier than Portishead, NIN and Massive Attack.



Do I Move You (Version II)
(Tell It Like It Is) Nina Simone


No, No, No (Single) Dawn Penn


The Right Time (At Newport) Ray Charles


I've Been Loving You Too Long (Single) Otis Redding


Please Accept My Love (Live And Well) B.B. King


Hey (Doolittle) The Pixies
I also have a soft spot in my heart for this homemade video of the song


Crystalline Green (Black Cherry) Goldfrapp


Glory Box (Dummy) Portishead


Piggy (The Downward Spiral) Nine Inch Nails


Angel (Mezzanine) Massive Attack

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm starting to wonder how many lapdancing joints you've been to... Completely stellar selections my dear aficionado. THANK YOU. You have just obliged a number of dusty playa laps with your talents for musical selection. Love to you dear.
XOXO

Anonymous said...

Oh, and please feel free to include any of those more colloquial lapdance songs in your Lapdance Redoux mix.