Monday, June 23, 2008

10 Songs for Seat 7B

Telluride Bluegrass Festival 2008 | A Cranial Sacral Costume Maker

I'm not much for talking to strangers on planes. Elizabeth was an exception. En route from Denver to Montrose, we got into a conversation about nervous flight attendants, bicycles, flaming bicycles, puppets, huge puppets, huge puppets on bicycles, huge puppets on flaming bicycles, and funk music. I handed her my ipod to help me pick some songs for an upcoming DJ gig. Here are ten of them...

Make it Reggae
Shark Wilson & The Basements

Guns in the Ghetto
Morgan Heritage & The Bounty Killer

Go Shopping
Bran Van 3000

Honor and Harmony
G Love & The Special Sauce

Sexy Coffee Pot
Tony Alvon & The Belairs

Main Man
Speedometer

Give It To Me Baby*
Rick James

Loaf and Jug
Diplomats of Solid Sound

I Turn You On
Latin Breed

Getting Uptown (To Get Down)
United 8

*This song has appeared on this blog before, as well as on more than one mix for my friend Emily. It's kind of my funk "ace in the hole."

No comments: